- Wrap a thread base to between the hook barb & hook point.
- Tie in eyes: either bead-chain or plastic using figure eight wraps. At the same place tie in your Red wire-put wire into material clip.
- Wrap thread just past hook barb and tie in the Carapace- on this fly I use "pearl" fish hair. I start with about 3 inches. The fish hair should extend past the hook bend about the length of the hook shank. Now fold this material back into the material clip also.
- Advance thread to just forward of the eyes-attach "pearl" estaz. Now bring thread forward to eye. Let your bobbin hang and wrap estaz forward to waiting thread. Tie off and clip excess.
- Bring fish hair- CARAPACE- forward to waiting thread. Make several good solid wraps. Lift up the fish hair and give it a couple wraps under the fish hair- this helps slightly raise the carapace off the eye of the hook. Don't trim the fish hair yet.
- Get the wire out of the material clip and make two tight wraps over the fish hair just in back of the eyes. Then spiral wrap the wire- opposite direction of the estaz- to the waiting thread.
- One extra wrap of wire at the hook eye. Clip excess wire. Now do a whip finish & seal the thread wraps with head cement.
- Pull "up" slightly on the fish hair and trim it off about 1/4 in front of the hook eye.
- Go fish the fly.