PHYSICAL SCIENCE 300, Scientific Literature
Find the information requested below and provide the information describing where you found it.
- Who is the discoverer of the element galliium?
- What is the pKa of morpholine? The formula of morpholine is C4H9NO
and its structure is shown below:
- Is the book "Electron Deficient Compounds" by Ken Wade still in print? If not, what is the date of its last printing?
- How many abstracts are there in the Biological Abstracts for 01/2001 through 03/2001 on the subject of Alzheimers Syndrome? Use WebSPIRS.
- One of the four-year institutions in Louisiana has a book in its library by the author Russell N. Grimes. Which library is it and
what is the title of the book?
- Using WebSPIRS on the online McNeese library resources, choose both Applied Science Abstracts and both General
Science Abstracts and search for "diazacyclooctane". Print all the results and return them.
- Using InfoTrac on the online databases available through the McNeese library, select the Expanded Academic ASAP
selection and search for "high-temperature superconductor". Print the first 20 returns. How many total returns were there?
- Using EBSCO Online on the databases available from the online McNeese library resources, search for
"cationic polymerization". Print the first ten hits. How many total hits were there?
- Using the Fifth Decennial Index of Chemical Abstracts find an article by Geoffrey Wilkinson describing the
preparation and properties of ruthenocene. Return a standard reference. What university was Geoffrey
Wilkinson at while doing this work?
- Using Physics Abstracts for 1978, Volume 81, July-December, look under superconducting magnets. Find
an article describing a "wiggler magnet". Return a standard reference. In what country(ies) was this work